Vorige topic - Volgende topic

bananacreek

bananacreek

bananacreek

bananacreek

Citaat van: bananacreek op donderdag  7 maart 2013, 13:40:02
Citaat van: innka3 op donderdag  7 maart 2013, 13:19:47
Citaat van: bananacreek op donderdag  7 maart 2013, 12:49:59

Nu is de thermostaat eruit gehaald en een hoop surpluswagens uit korea en japan rijden hier zonder thermostaat en inderdaad de thermostaat van de dienstjeep heb ik er een aantal jaren geleden ook uitgehaald.

Dit geeft weer een discussie want sommige mensen zeggen: " Ja, maar als je de thermostat eruit haalt dan kan de motor niet op bedrijfstemperatuur komen", maar in de tropen staan de zaken er anders voor als in landen zoals Japan en Europa met een gematigd klimaat................... :jajaja: :jajaja:

Nu uitproberen.......... :thumb: :thumb:
als je radiator lek is/gegaan heb je zonderwater gereden,de druk in je systeem kan nooit je radiator opblazen.
daarvoor heb je de radiator-dop of het moet een verrotte radiator zijn.
dus 1 of je dop is kapot/2 of je termo is kapot 3 of allemaal(dan maar een andere auto aanschaffen) :lachen:
oh ja, en je termostat zit er in om de motor op idiale bedrijfs-temp. te houden .
als die er uit is kan je nooit een goede circulatie krijgen ,wel dat de motor onder zwaardere omstandig
heden aan de kook komt.dat verhaal om de termostat er uit te halen is zo'n hardnekkig lulverhaal.
in het midden-oosten rijden aardig wat auto's met termostat ,en daar is het wel wat warmer dan in de  :smiley-philippines:

Ja, nu lees ik wat meer hierover en moet ik hier meer over weten..............

Citaatamgmercedes - If you are talking about the cooling system "radiator" thermostat, don't even think about removing it. Contrary to popular myth, the thermostat sets the minimum temperature that the engine operates at, not the maximum. The maximum operating temperature is a function of engine ouput (load) and how well designed and maintined the cooling system is. On almost all modern cars, the cooling system has plenty of "overhead" to manage heat disipation under even the worst conditions. This is a direct result of the heat/cold driving cycle testing requirments for modern emission controlled engines.

If you remove the thermostat, the engine will run at a variable temperature (on a modern car this usually too cold because of the large cooling capacities) that is a function of the weather and driving conditions. This temperature is unlikely to be that which is required for proper operation of the engine management system. The end result of this is likely to be radically reduced fuel economy, greater emissions, and the setting of MIL or "fault" conditions in the ECU. If the system runs rich for a long period of time, it can also cause a pehenomenon known as cylinder oil scrubbing; the rich fuel/air mixture "scrubs" the oil off of the cylinder walls, resulting in premature piston/ring/cylinder wear and engine failure.

If you are having problems with over-temperature, something else is wrong. Fix the problem, not the symptom.

Read more: http://mbworld.org/forums/sl-class-r129/55127-what-happens-if-i-remove-my-thermostat.html#ixzz2MrC1S7pp

Hier wat meer:

Citaatyes you can remove the thermostat in your car, but it wont warm up very fast when its cold out side, but worse yet it will over heat easier when it is hot out because the water passes through the radiator to fast not allowing it to have time cool down. I know you wouldnt think this to be true but that is how it works. In race car applications they dont use a thermostat but they replace it with a restrictor plate. If you have it apart to remove it just replace it with a new one.
If the thermostat is removed, the engine parts cool and heat in an uneven manner. This accelerates wear because the hard parts, like the piston rings, tend to wear the cylinder block very fast. This, in turn, brings about loss of power, smoking of the engine, high fuel consumption, and drop in engine oil level, and so on.
On then to thermostats. Too often I hear people and so called mechanics saying that thermostats aren't necessary in a hot climate. A thermostat controls the internal temperature of the engine and keeps that temperature constant. Most engines are designed to run at a temperature of 80 degrees Celsius and above.
I would like any one to name me a country that has a temperature that high!! If you run without a thermostat then parts of the engine will run too cool and this can cause accelerated wear. Also, the engine as a whole, will be running at uneven temperatures and therefore, is susceptible to failures. Especially if the engine is made from dissimilar metals i.e. steel engine block with an aluminium cylinder head. If your thermostat becomes faulty by all means take it out, but make sure another correct one is put in its place.

dont care what the source is, the above is completly wrong. Flow increases heat transfer....

Try to think of it this way - imagine the radiator is heating the air. (instead of cooling the coolant).

The hotter and faster that you pump hot coolant through the radiator, the hotter the air will be, only when you pump so much coolant through the radiator that the inlet and outlet temperature are the same, will you reach maximum heat transfer.

I know it is hard to imagine that with hotter outlet temp of the coolant from the rad, there is more heat transfer, but such is the world of physics.

if you have hot water radiators heating your house, I am sure you dont close down the valve to warm up the house!
_________________________-

Thanks for all the rsponses. After careful consideration, i decided to remove the thermostat. After removing the thermostat housing, i observed that the thermostat was in the closed position and the spring broked away from the housing. i removed the thermostat and reinserted the the o ring with a touch of black silicone. re connected the housing with the thermo out. refill with coolant/anti - freeze. took car for a test drive, temp guage went up to normal and stayed. in short , removing the thermo resolved my overheating issue.

Just as a note, aftercareful study and research, i can conclude that the thermo. is NOT NECESSARY in vehicles that operate in tropical regions like the Bahamas and South florida or any country where there is warm climate. The thermostat ONLY serves to to regulate the coolant/anti freeze to prevent ENGINE (OR COMPONENTS)FROM FREEZING UP. Thermostat can be very problematic and create overheating issues.

absence of thermostat will take the engine quite a while longer to achieve the ideal operating temperature from a cold start, even in a hot climate like here in manila. this is not good for the engine.
the absence of thermostat may not even allow your engine to reach its peak operating temperature, because the coolant will be free flowing, this is especially true when you are on highway driving.
and when the engine is not operating in its ideal temperature, it will eat more fuel.
happened to me, so i put back the thermostat.

No, don't do that. The motor is designed to run at an optimum temperature, colder is not better. In my experience removing the thermostat just makes the car run hotter. And yes, the thermostat will help the car warm up faster too, reducing wear.
Yeah it can safely run without a thermostat, but it will probably have a check engine light on later for code P018--engine temp too cold for too long. The engine will perform better with the thermostat and will get better fuel economy with the thermostat in place.

Running a car with no thermostat has both pros and cons.

Pros: 1) A cooler engine will produce more horsepower especially in a turbo vehicle as long as the air fuel ratios are not too rich.
2) It works great for a car at the drag strip when you are waiting in line to race because your car will run cooler as you are idling at the line.

Cons: 1) If you live in an area which is hot, like where I live, the car will overheat without a thermostat. YES IT WILL!!!  It is true that it will take much longer for the coolant to heat up because it is always circulating, but once it hits operating temp, it will continue to rise.

Why???? Have you ever watched the coolant rush through the pipe with the cap off. It moves pretty fast even at idle once the car is warmed up. Imangine how fast it travels at 3000 RPM. If you are on the freeway, the coolant is in and out of the radiator so quickly that it never has a chance to cool the antifreeze down. Every time the coolant circulates in and out of the engine, it keeps getting hotter and hotter. You will start to see the needle go higher and higher. The only way to cool the motor down now, is to put the tranny in nuetral so that the water pump slows down and the coolant stays in the radiator longer. When place it back in gear, the gauge will drop back to normal or may even go below normal.

The thermostat is always opening and closing once the engine hits operating temp to slow down the flow of coolant in the engine. Thus allow time for the coolant to cool down in the radiator. The main job of the thermostat is still to warm to car up as quickly as possible, but without one, once you reach the desired temp, it is there to keep it at that temp.
-   A bad thermostat can cause a car to overheat if the thermostat gets stuck in a closed position. A thermostat is a heat-sensitive valve located at the end of the upper radiator hose. If a thermostat gets stuck in a closed position, radiator coolant is prevented from flowing into a car engine, resulting in overheating.
Underheating
-   A thermostat stuck in an open position can result in underheating. Typically, a thermostat opens only when an engine reaches a certain operating temperature. If a thermostat is stuck in the open position, radiator coolant flows into an engine before it reaches normal operating temperature. This prevents adequate engine warming and results in engine underheating.

bananacreek

Om even kort op het bovenstaande terug te komen:

Weer met mijn monteur gesproken en die zei dat het helemaal geen probleem was om de thermostat in dit geval weg te halen maar belangrijk is dat je de BYPASS HOSE moet blokkeren en daarna weer op de waterpomp en het thermostaathuis monteert..............

Ook mijn jeep waar geen bypass hose opzit (neem ik hier even aan) (morgen even kijken) rij ik al tien jaar zonder thermostat en tot nu toe nog geen enkel probleem gehad zoals hierboven omschreven in die forum replies.

Het euvel was dat de thermostaat kapot gegaan was in gesloten stand en dat had als gevolg dat de motor te heet werd en de oppakking ging lekken in het koelsysteem.

Ook met de KIA rij ik al een jaar of zes zonder thermostat en geen enkel probleem.

bananacreek

Deze jongen kan een hoop lawaai maken als hij de meisjes aanroept............ :thumb: :thumb:

bananacreek

Vanmorgen even met een rotgang naar de bergen geweest en er is goed nieuws (altijd vlak voor de verkiezingen..(rural electrification)....... :happy: :happy:)

Men is begonnen met het plaatsen van electricity poles vanaf Barangay Pal-Ew (diep in de bergen)  via Sitio Kanghatap naar Barangay Sto. Nino en dat is een wegafstand van ongeveer 10 km en op de terugweg zag ik een Noreco Team aan het werk, en maandag vragen hoelang het gaat duren............

Als daar electriciteit gaat komen dan ga ik misschien een stukje boven op een flinke heuvel heren met mooi uitzicht en daar een strandhuisje bouwen voor de weekends met Signal Sattelite tv en een kleine koelkast enz enz... :happy: :happy:

bananacreek

bananacreek

DO NOT DELAY.............NEDAM...project....weg in aanbouw......... :thumb: :thumb: :happy: :happy:

bananacreek